Mold is a common problem that can affect homes and businesses, posing risks to both the property and the health of occupants. In this page, we will explore essential facts about mold, explain the concept of mold remediation, and outline how our professional company can assist you in resolving mold-related challenges. At Advanced Cleaning & Restoration Services, we are an IRI and IICRC certified mold remediation service provider.
1. Facts About Mold:
- Mold is a type of fungus that thrives in moist environments, feeding on organic materials such as wood, drywall, and fabrics.
- Mold reproduces through tiny spores that can become airborne and spread easily.
- Common indoor mold species include Aspergillus, Penicillium, and Stachybotrys (black mold).
- Mold growth is often caused by excessive moisture, water leaks, high humidity levels, condensation, or inadequate ventilation.
- Mold can produce an unpleasant musty odor and may cause health issues such as allergies, respiratory problems, and even infections in individuals with compromised immune systems.
2. Understanding Mold Remediation:
Mold remediation is the process of identifying, containing, and eliminating mold growth within a structure. It involves several crucial steps to effectively address the issue:
- Inspection and Assessment: Our professional team will conduct a thorough assessment of your property to identify the extent of the mold growth and determine the underlying causes.
- Containment: To prevent the spread of mold spores to unaffected areas, we employ containment measures such as physical barriers and negative air pressure systems.
- Removal and Cleaning: Our experts will use specialized techniques and equipment to safely remove mold from surfaces and materials. We employ HEPA filtration to capture airborne spores and ensure thorough cleaning.
- Drying and Dehumidification: Addressing the moisture source is vital to prevent future mold growth. We will dry the affected areas and recommend solutions to control humidity levels.
- Prevention and Restoration: We not only focus on mold removal but also on preventing future infestations. By identifying and rectifying moisture issues, we help create an environment inhospitable to mold growth. We also provide restoration services to repair and restore any damaged structures or materials.
3. How Our Professional Company Can Help:
- Expertise and Experience: Our team consists of trained professionals with extensive knowledge and 30 years of experience in mold remediation. We stay up to date with the latest industry practices and utilize advanced techniques to ensure effective mold removal.
- Specialized Equipment: We have access to state-of-the-art equipment and tools specifically designed for mold remediation. This enables us to accurately assess mold growth, contain the affected areas, and safely remove mold without causing further contamination.
- Safety and Health Considerations: We prioritize the safety and well-being of our clients and our team. We adhere to industry guidelines and utilize personal protective equipment (PPE) during the entire mold remediation process to minimize exposure risks.
- Comprehensive Solutions: Our services go beyond mold removal. We address the underlying causes of mold growth and provide recommendations to prevent future infestations. Additionally, we offer restoration services to ensure your property is fully restored to its pre-mold condition.
- Peace of Mind: By entrusting your mold remediation needs to our professional company, you can have peace of mind knowing that the issue will be handled thoroughly, efficiently, and with the highest standards of quality and expertise.
Conclusion: Mold is a serious concern that requires professional attention to safeguard your property and the health of its occupants. Our professional company is equipped with the knowledge, experience, and tools to effectively address mold issues through comprehensive remediation solutions.
Your home may have a mold problem if:
Due to NYS regulations, anyone who suspects the presence of Mold in their home or business, must hire a NYS Licensed Mold Assessor to do an assessment prior to having the mold abated or remediated. We will be more than happy to provide you with names and numbers of various assessors we have worked with.
Source of Mold – Once the mold is confirmed to be living and growing in the home the moisture intrusion must be located and repaired before the remediation process can be started. We use a thermal hydrometer to detect the moisture within the walls and ceilings.
Once these steps have been taken, we begin the mold remediation process by placing fans and blowers to move stale air outside. Containment barriers are set up to avoid cross contamination to unaffected areas. With full PPE (personal protective equipment) we then deconstruct the affected area and prepare for mold removal. Dehumidifiers, heat, air circulation and anti-microbial biocides eliminate the growth of mold and fungi, bringing the area back to a safe, dry standard.
24 Hours Later
The licensed mold assessor who did your original assessment will return 24 hours after completion to do a follow up assessment to make sure there is no further mold in the previously affected area.
With decades of combined experience, Advanced Cleaning & Restoration Services is the leading authority in Upstate NY for water damage, mold, and other related issues. All of our technicians are trained and IRI and IICRC certified in every aspect of the restoration industry; this ensures the fastest and most thorough cleaning and restoration job that you can ask for. We will get all of the excess water out, repair the damage, dry out all surfaces, and then restore your property to its original pre-loss condition. You and your family can be assured of a first rate job, done right, the first time! You can reach our office 24/7 at 1-518-773-2435, or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org